What is Portability?

In the Housing Choice Voucher Program refers to the process through which your family can transfer or “port your rental subsidy when you move to a location outside the jurisdiction of the public housing agency (PHA) that first gave you the voucher when you were selected for the program ( the initial PHA).

How can transfer (Port In) to your housing authority.

Contact your initial housing authority an notify them you would like to port and which area you are moving to.

What is the Omaha Housing Authority contact information?

Portability Dept.

PHA:  Omaha Housing Authority
Address:  1823 Harney St, Omaha, Ne 68102
Telephone:  402-444-4200
Fax:  402-444-7543
Email: Portability@ohauthority.org

Is the Omaha Housing Authority currently absorbing or billing?

Omaha Housing Authority is currently ABSORBING.

What is the voucher size I will be issued?

OHA will reference the following chart in determining the appropriate voucher size for a family.

Persons in Household (min-max) Voucher Size
1-2 1 Bedroom
3-4 2 Bedroom
5-6 3 Bedroom
7-8 4 Bedroom
9-10 5 Bedroom

What is the processing time?

Please allow within 15 – 20 business days to be contacted after your port documents have been received from your initial Housing Authority.

The total process to be ported in to OHA can take between 60 – 90 days.

How can I transfer to another housing authority (Port- out)?

Please complete port out form and attach 30/60 day notice signed by you and landlord.

Please allow within 15-20 business days to be contacted once port out documents have been processed and sent to receiving housing authority.

How can cancel a transfer/port out to another housing authority?

Complete a port out cancellation form. You will then be contacted by housing specialist for move packet if moving within state or if staying in current unit.