OHA strongly encourages the establishment of and participation in resident associations (available to Public Housing residents only). The officers of the council are elected by the residents of each public housing community. Any current resident may run for a Resident Council Office and may vote for candidates.
The purpose of the resident council is to:
- Respond to resident needs in the community.
- Create programs and garner partnerships that will improve the quality of life and resident satisfaction and participate in self-help initiatives to enable residents to create a positive living environment for families living in public housing.
- Help plan special activities such as community day, National Night Out, and other self-sufficiency events.
- Represent residents and communicate with OHA management.
- Provide input in the design of Agency programs and agency plans.
Resident Council Contact Details
|Southside Family Development
|Kay Jay Tower
|Park North Tower
|Park South Tower