Take the First Step in Applying for Your New Home!
Applications for Public Housing are available online at https://myportal.ohauthority.org.
On the upper right-hand side of the page, click on Applicant Login
Please register using a valid email address. If you do not have an email address, the system will explain how to create one. Please remember your email and password used at registration. You will use this information throughout the application process and residency with the Omaha Housing Authority. OHA will send communication as an applicant and then as a resident to the email you have registered with.
- For first time visitors to Rent Café, click on the red Register link located just above the Login button.
Click on I do not have a registration code. If applicant has a registration code the system will give you your code after you attempt to register without a code.
Note: if you have a registration code already that means you have lived with OHA or applied before in Rent Café system.
- Create your rent café account by registering, entering your email address and a password.
- Click on Apply to Wait Lists. The system will prompt applicant through questions. Complete 100% of application. A status bar will show the completed percentage.
Applicant will receive a confirmation email when application is accepted.
- Computer access and assistance with completing online applications is available Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at our Central Office, located at: 1823 Harney Street, Omaha, NE 68102
Once your application is selected from the wait list, an email and letter will be sent asking you to log into myportal@ohauthority,org to complete the full application questions and signatures on required forms. Click on Applicant Login and then select the Certification icon.
All adult family members will have to have their own email address.
As part of the full application, applicants will be asked to upload current government issued photo ID for all family members 18 and older and social security cards for all family members. Birth certificates are required for family members under 18.
While completing the full application, the status bar will show the completed percentage until it completed in full. If you have to leave the site for any reason while answering the questions, you are able to log back in and click on Continue to start where you left off.
- Once the full application process is completed and information have signatures and any necessary documents are uploaded, OHA staff will process the information and submit for approval.
OHA staff will contact applicant if there are any questions on application or additional information is needed.
- Applicant will receive notification of final approval status once application process is completed.
Computer access and assistance with completing online applications is available Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at our Central Office, located at: 1823 Harney Street, Omaha, NE 68102