The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) homeownership program allows families who are assisted under the HCV program to use their voucher to buy a home and receive monthly assistance in meeting homeownership expenses.
Under the HCV Homeownership option, potential homebuyers are responsible for finding an eligible property they wish to purchase and securing their own mortgage financing. Each participant will have to be pre-approved by a lender and meet certain initial eligibility requirements.
Housing Assistance Payments will be available for a maximum of 15 years with a 30-year loan, or 10 years with a loan less than 20 years, unless the head of household or spouse is disabled or elderly.
Program coordinators work directly with participants to identify the resources and supports needed to achieve their homeownership goals. The Program Coordinator connects participants to those resources and acts as a liaison between residents and agency partners.
To qualify for OHA’s Homeownership Program, you must:
- be employed full-time for at least 1 year
- hold HCV voucher/status for 1 year prior to moving into homeownership
- be able to qualify for a mortgage loan
- maintain a credit score of 660 or higher
- have a minimum down payment at least 3% of the purchase price
- have at least 1% of down payment in your savings account.
Areas of Support
- Partnering lenders
- Partnering real estate agents
- Homeownership counseling
- And more
The HCV Homeownership Program is available only to families who have been admitted to the HCV program.
For more information on our programs and services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!